Background and Aims
Abbreviations:AI (artificial intelligence), AI-BBPS (mean BBPS score based on the algorithm), AUC (area under the receiver operating characteristic curve), BBPS (Boston bowel preparation scale), CNN (convolutional neural network), dAI-BBPS (dichotomized AI-BBPS)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Measuring bowel preparation adequacy in colonoscopy-based research: review of key considerations.Gastrointest Endosc. 2020; 91: 248-256
- Validation of an instrument to assess colon cleansing [abstract].Am J Gastroenterol. 1999; 94: 2667
- Validation of a new scale for the assessment of bowel preparation quality.Gastrointest Endosc. 2004; 59: 482-486
- The Boston Bowel Preparation Scale: a valid and reliable instrument for colonoscopy-oriented research.Gastrointest Endosc. 2009; 69: 620-625
- Comprehensive validation of the Boston Bowel Preparation Scale.Gastrointest Endosc. 2010; 72: 686-692
- Deep learning localizes and identifies polyps in real time with 96% accuracy in screening colonoscopy.Gastroenterology. 2018; 155: 1069-1078
- Real-time automatic detection system increases colonoscopic polyp and adenoma detection rates: a prospective randomised controlled study.Gut. 2019; 68: 1813-1819
- Weighted kappa: nominal scale agreement with provision for scaled disagreement or partial credit.Psychol Bull. 1968; 70: 213-220
- Central reading of ulcerative colitis clinical trial videos using neural networks.Gastroenterology. 2021; 160: 710-719
Dowle M, Srinivasan A. data.table: extension of “data.frame.” 2020. Available at: https://r-datatable.com.
- STARD 2015: an updated list of essential items for reporting diagnostic accuracy studies.BMJ. 2015; 351: h5527
- A coefficient of agreement for nominal scales.Educ Psychol Measure. 1960; 20: 37-46
- Measuring nominal scale agreement among many raters.Psychol Bull. 1971; 76: 378-382
- A novel artificial intelligence system for the assessment of bowel preparation (with video).Gastrointest Endosc. 2020; 91: 428-435
DISCLOSURE: The following authors disclosed financial relationships: A. H. Calderwood: Advisor for Dark Canyon Labs. W. Karnes: Cofounder and chief medical officer of Docbot. J. Requa: Employee of Docbot. B. C. Jacobson: Consultant for Motus GI. M. B. Wallace: Consultant for Verily; research support from Cosmo and Medtronic. All other authors disclosed no financial relationships.
If you would like to chat with an author of this article, you may contact Dr Wallace at [email protected]