Background and Aims
Abbreviations:3D (3-dimensional), AUROC (area under the receiver operating characteristic), BE (Barrett’s esophagus), drOPD (depth-resolved optical path difference), EAC (esophageal adenocarcinoma), HGD (high-grade dysplasia), LGD (low-grade dysplasia), nanoNAM (nanoscale nuclear architecture mapping), NDBE (nondysplastic Barrett’s esophagus), SVM (support vector machine)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The global prevalence of Barrett’s esophagus: a systematic review of the published literature.United Eur Gastroenterol J. 2020; 8: 1086-1105
- Predictors of progression in Barrett’s esophagus.Curr Treat Options Gastroenterol. 2019; 17: 18-31
- ACG clinical guideline: diagnosis and management of Barrett’s esophagus.Am J Gastroenterol. 2016; 111: 30-50
- Discordance among pathologists in the United States and Europe in diagnosis of low-grade dysplasia for patients with Barrett’s esophagus.Gastroenterology. 2017; 152: 564-570
- Chronology of the Barrett’s metaplasia-dysplasia-carcinoma sequence.Dis Esophagus. 2004; 17: 67-70
- Dysplasia and cancer in a large multicenter cohort of patients with Barrett’s esophagus.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2006; 4: 566-572
- Magnitude of missed esophageal adenocarcinoma after Barrett’s esophagus diagnosis: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Gastroenterology. 2016; 150: 595-599
- Risk of malignant progression in patients with Barrett’s oesophagus: a Dutch nationwide cohort study.Gut. 2010; 59: 1030-1036
- Incidence of adenocarcinoma among patients with Barrett’s esophagus.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 1375-1383
- Risk stratification of patients with Barrett’s esophagus and low-grade dysplasia or indefinite for dysplasia.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2015; 13: 459-465
- Development and validation of a model to determine risk of progression of Barrett’s esophagus to neoplasia.Gastroenterology. 2018; 154: 1282-1289
- A biomarker panel predicts progression of Barrett’s esophagus to esophageal adenocarcinoma.Dis Esophagus. 2019; 32 (doy102)
- External validation of a model to determine risk of progression of Barrett’s oesophagus to neoplasia.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2019; 49: 1274-1281
- Independent blinded validation of a tissue systems pathology test to predict progression in patients with Barrett’s esophagus.Am J Gastroenterol. 2020; 115: 843-852
- Fourier phase based depth-resolved nanoscale nuclear architecture mapping for cancer detection.Methods. 2018; 136: 134-151
- American Gastroenterological Association technical review on the management of Barrett’s esophagus.Gastroenterology. 2011; 140 (e18-13)
- The Vienna classification of gastrointestinal epithelial neoplasia.Gut. 2000; 47: 251-255
- Fourier phase in Fourier-domain optical coherence tomography.J Opt Soc Am A Opt Image Sci Vis. 2015; 32: 2286-2306
- An introduction to support vector machines.Cambridge University Press, Cambridge2000
Pai-Hsuen C, Chih-Jen L, Bernhard S. A tutorial on ν-support vector machines. Appl Stoch Model Bus Ind 2005;21:111-36.
- Evaluating Kolmogorov’s distribution. J Stat Software; Vol 1, Issue 18. 2003.(Available at:)https://www.jstatsoft.org/v008/i18Date accessed: September 20, 2021
- Clinical prediction model for tumor progression in Barrett’s esophagus.Surg Endosc. 2019; 33: 2901-2908
- Aberrant p53 Immunostaining in Barrett’s esophagus predicts neoplastic progression: systematic review and meta-analyses.Dig Dis Sci. 2019; 64: 1089-1097
- Genomic copy number predicts esophageal cancer years before transformation.Nat Med. 2020; 26: 1726-1732
- A genomic biomarker-based model for cancer risk stratification of non-dysplastic Barrett’s esophagus patients after extended follow up: results from Dutch surveillance cohorts.PLoS One. 2020; 15e0231419
DISCLOSURE: The following authors disclosed financial relationships: S. Uttam, Yang Liu: Co-inventor and patent holder for NanoNAM. All other authors disclosed no financial relationships.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION: One or more of the authors of this article self-identifies as an under-represented gender minority in science. The author list of this article includes contributors from the location where the research was conducted who participated in the data collection, design, analysis, and/or interpretation of the work.