Background and Aims
Abbreviations:FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration), ICU (intensive care unit), MAUDE (Manufacturer and User Facility Device Experience)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Duodenoscope-associated infection prevention: a call for evidence-based decision making.Endosc Int Open. 2020; 8: E1769-E1781
- Infections associated with reprocessed duodenoscopes.(Available at:)https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/reprocessing-reusable-medical-devices/infections-associated-reprocessed-duodenoscopesDate: 2019Date accessed: October 27, 2021
- The FDA is recommending transition to duodenoscopes with innovative designs to enhance safety: FDA safety communication.(Available at:)https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/safety-communications/fda-recommending-transition-duodenoscopes-innovative-designs-enhance-safety-fda-safety-communicationDate accessed: October 27, 2021
- Clinical evaluation of a single-use duodenoscope for endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2020; 18: 2108-2117.e3
- Equivalent performance of single-use and reusable duodenoscopes in a randomised trial.Gut. 2021; 70: 838
- Duodenoscopy: an amplifier of cross-transmission during a carbapenemase-producing Enterobacteriaceae outbreak in a gastroenterology pathway.J Hosp Infect. 2018; 99: 422-426
- A newly designed duodenoscope with detachable distal cap significantly reduces organic residue contamination after reprocessing.Endoscopy. 2020; 52: 754-760
- Single-use duodenoscope for ERCP performed by endoscopists with a range of experience in procedures of variable complexity.Gastrointest Endosc. 2021; 94: 1045-1055
DISCLOSURE: The following author disclosed financial relationships: Dr Adler is a consultant for Boston Scientific. All other authors disclosed no financial relationships.