Background and Aims
Abbreviations:BMI (body mass index), ESG (endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty), LSG (laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy), MBS (metabolic/bariatric surgery), %TWL (percentage of total weight loss)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Indications for surgery for obesity and weight-related diseases: position statements from the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO).Obes Surg. 2016; 26: 1659-1696
- NIH conference. Gastrointestinal surgery for severe obesity. Consensus Development Conference Panel.Ann Intern Med. 1991; 115: 956-961
- Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy: a multi-purpose bariatric operation.Obes Surg. 2005; 15: 1124-1128
- Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy versus Roux-en-Y gastric bypass in cardiovascular risk reduction: a match control study.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2019; 15: 14-20
- ASMBS updated position statement on bariatric surgery in class I obesity (BMI 30-35 kg/m(2)).Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2018; 14: 1071-1087
- Changes in utilization of bariatric Surgery in the United States from 1993 to 2016.Ann Surg. 2020; 271: 201-209
- Endoscopic bariatric therapies.Gastrointest Endosc. 2015; 81: 1073-1086
- Short-term outcomes of endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty in 1000 consecutive patients.Gastrointest Endosc. 2018; 89: 1132-1138
- Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy after endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty: technical aspects and short-term outcomes.Obes Surg. 2019; 29: 3547-3552
- A lexicon for endoscopic adverse events: report of an ASGE workshop.Gastrointest Endosc. 2010; 71: 446-454
- Standardized outcomes reporting in metabolic and bariatric surgery.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2015; 11: 489-506
- 2019 ACC/AHA guideline on the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease: executive summary: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on clinical practice guidelines.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2019; 74: 1376-1414
- Efficacy and safety of endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2019; 18: 1043-1053
- Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty, laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy, and laparoscopic greater curve plication: do they differ at 2 years?.Endoscopy. 2021; 53: 235-243
- Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty: a potential endoscopic alternative to surgical sleeve gastrectomy for treatment of obesity.Gastrointest Endosc. 2013; 78: 530-535
- Brazilian consensus on endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty.Obes Surg. 2021; 31: 70-78
- Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty versus laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy: a case-matched study.Gastrointest Endosc. 2018; 84: 782-788
- Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty, laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy, and laparoscopic band for weight loss: How do they compare?.J Gastrointest Surg. 2018; 22: 267-273
- Outcomes of endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty: How does it compare to laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy? A systematic review and meta-analysis.Endosc Int Open. 2020; 8: E558-E565
- Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty significantly reduces body mass index and metabolic complications in obese patients.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2017; 15: 504-510
- Surgical treatment of obesity and its effect on diabetes: 10-y follow-up.Am J Clin Nutr. 1992; 55: 582s-585s
- Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty in the management of overweight and obesity: an international multicenter study.Gastrointest Endosc. 2019; 90: 770-780
- A single-operator learning curve analysis for the endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty.Gastrointest Endosc. 2018; 87: 442-447
DISCLOSURE: All authors disclosed no financial relationships.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION: We worked to ensure gender balance in the recruitment of human subjects. We worked to ensure ethnic or other types of diversity in the recruitment of human subjects. We worked to ensure that the language of the study questionnaires reflected inclusion. One or more of the authors of this paper self-identifies as an under-represented gender minority in science. One or more of the authors of this paper self-identifies as an under-represented ethnic minority in science. While citing references scientifically relevant for this work, we actively worked to promote gender balance in our reference list. The author list of this paper includes contributors from the location where the research was conducted who participated in the data collection, design, analysis, and/or interpretation of the work.
If you would like to chat with an author of this article, you may contact Dr Alqahtani at [email protected] .