Background and Aims
Abbreviations:AE (adverse event), APC (argon plasma coagulation), EWL (excess weight loss), GJA (gastrojejunal anastomosis), IOP (Incisionless Operating Platform), P-TORe (plication transoral outlet reduction), RYGB (Roux-en-Y gastric bypass), TORe (transoral outlet reduction), TWL (total weight loss)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Effects of bariatric surgery on mortality in Swedish obese subjects.N Engl J Med. 2007; 357: 741-752
- Weight and metabolic outcomes 12 years after gastric bypass.N Engl J Med. 2018; 378: 93-96
- Gastrojejunal stoma diameter predicts weight regain after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2011; 9: 228-233
- Influence of pouch and stoma size on weight loss after gastric bypass.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2012; 8: 408-415
- Endoscopic suturing for transoral outlet reduction increases weight loss after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery.Gastroenterology. 2013; 145: 129-137
- Comparison of a superficial suturing device with a full-thickness suturing device for transoral outlet reduction (with videos).Gastrointest Endosc. 2014; 79: 984-989
- Five-year outcomes of transoral outlet reduction for the treatment of weight regain after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass.Gastrointest Endosc. 2020; 91: 1067-1073
- Incisionless revision of post-Roux-en-Y bypass stomal and pouch dilation: multicenter registry results.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2010; 6: 290-295
- Endoscopic treatment of weight regain following Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Obes Surg. 2018; 28: 266-276
- 2013 AHA/ACC/TOS guideline for the management of overweight and obesity in adults: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines and The Obesity Society.Circulation. 2014; 129: S102-S138
- Effects of moderate and subsequent progressive weight loss on metabolic function and adipose tissue biology in humans with obesity.Cell Metab. 2016; 23: 591-601
- A lexicon for endoscopic adverse events: report of an ASGE workshop.Gastrointest Endosc. 2010; 71: 446-454
- Purse-string transoral outlet reduction (TORe) is effective at inducing weight loss and improvement in metabolic comorbidities after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass.Endoscopy. 2018; 50: 371-377
- Dose response for argon plasma coagulation in the treatment of weight regain after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass.Gastrointest Endosc. 2020; 91: 1078-1084
- Stoma size critical to 12-month outcomes in endoscopic suturing for gastric bypass repair.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2012; 8: 282-287
DISCLOSURE: The following authors disclosed financial relationships: P. Jirapinyo: Research support from Apollo Endosurgery, Boston Scientific, Fractyl, GI Dynamics, and USGI Medical; consultant for Erbe, Endogastric Solutions, and Spatz. C. C. Thompson: Research support from Apollo Endosurgery, Aspire Bariatrics, Boston Scientific, Erbe, GI Dynamics, Olympus/Spiration, USGI Medical, Fujifilm, and Lumendis; consultant for Apollo Endosurgery, Boston Scientific, Covidien/Medtronic, Enterasense Ltd, EnVision Endoscopy, Fractyl, GI Dynamics, Olympus/Spiration, USGI Medical, Fujifilm, and Lumendis; general partner in BlueFlame Healthcare Venture Fund; founder of Enterasense Ltd, EnVision Endoscopy, and GI Windows; board member for Enterasense Ltd, EnVision Endoscopy, Fractyl, GI Windows, and USGI Medical.
See CME section, p. 139.
If you would like to chat with an author of this article, you may contact Dr Thompson at [email protected] .