Background and Aims
Abbreviations:AE (adverse event), BMI (body mass index), ESG (endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty), POSE (primary obesity surgery endolumenal), TWL (total weight loss)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Endoscopic sutured gastroplasty: procedure evolution from first-in-man cases through current technique.Surg Endosc. 2018; 32: 2159-2164
- Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty significantly reduces body mass index and metabolic complications in obese patients.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2017; 15: 504-510
- Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty for obesity: a multicenter study of 248 patients with 24 months follow-up.Obes Surg. 2017; 27: 2649-2655
- Short-term outcomes of endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty in 1000 consecutive patients.Gastrointest Endosc. 2019; 89: 1132-1138
- Endoscopic bariatric and metabolic therapies: surgical analogues and mechanisms of action.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2017; 15: 619-630
- Efficacy and safety of endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2020; 18: 1043-1053
- Five-year outcomes of endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty for the treatment of obesity.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2021; 19: 1051-1057
- MILEPOST multicenter randomized controlled trial: 12-month weight loss and satiety outcomes after POSE SM vs. medical therapy.Obes Surg. 2017; 27: 310-322
- Randomized sham-controlled trial evaluating efficacy and safety of endoscopic gastric plication for primary obesity: the ESSENTIAL trial.Obesity. 2017; 25: 294-301
- Primary obesity surgery endoluminal (POSE) for the treatment of obesity: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Surg Endosc. 2022; 36: 252-256
- Gastric plications for weight loss: distal primary obesity surgery endoluminal through a belt-and-suspenders approach.VideoGIE. 2018; 3: 296-300
- Endoscopic gastric body plication for the treatment of obesity: technical success and safety of a novel technique (with video).Gastrointest Endosc. 2020; 91: 1388-1394
- Modified primary obesity surgery endoluminal (POSE-2) procedure for the treatment of obesity.VideoGIE. 2020; 5: 91-93
- 2013 AHA/ACC/TOS guideline for the management of overweight and obesity in adults: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines and The Obesity Society.Circulation. 2014; 129: S102-S138
- Effects of moderate and subsequent progressive weight loss on metabolic function and adipose tissue biology in humans with obesity.Cell Metab. 2016; 23: 591-601
- A lexicon for endoscopic adverse events: report of an ASGE workshop.Gastrointest Endosc. 2010; 71: 446-454
- Gastric emptying and obesity.Gastroenterology. 1983; 84: 747-751
- Effects of intragastric balloon on gastric emptying and plasma ghrelin levels in non-morbid obese patients.Obes Surg. 2005; 15: 510-516
- Delayed gastric emptying as a proposed mechanism of action during intragastric balloon therapy: results of a prospective study.Obesity. 2016; 24: 1849-1853
- The effect of the intra-gastric balloon on gastric emptying and the DeMeester score.Obes Surg. 2020; 30: 38-45
DISCLOSURE: The following authors disclosed financial relationships: P. Jirapinyo: Research support from Apollo Endosurgery, Boston Scientific, Fractyl, GI Dynamics, and USGI Medical; consultant for Erbe, Endogastric Solutions, and Spatz. C. C. Thompson: Consultant for Apollo Endosurgery, Boston Scientific, Covidien/Medtronic, Enterasense Ltd, EnVision Endoscopy, Fractyl, GI Dynamics, GI Windows, Olympus/Spiration, USGI Medical, Fujifilm, and Lumendi; research support from Apollo Endosurgery, Aspire Bariatrics, Boston Scientific, Erbe, GI Dynamics, Olympus/Spiration, USGI Medical, Fujifilm, and Lumendi; general partner with BlueFlame Healthcare Venture Fund; founder and board member of Enterasense Ltd, EnVision Endoscopy, and GI Windows; advisory board for Fractyl and USGI Medical.
See CME section, p. 563.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION: One or more of the authors of this paper self-identifies as an under-represented gender minority in science. One or more of the authors of this paper self-identifies as an under-represented ethnic minority in science.
If you would like to chat with an author of this article, you may contact Dr Thompson at [email protected] .