Background and Aims
Abbreviations:CI (confidence interval), FCSEMS (fully covered self-expanding metal stent), OR (odds ratio), OTSC (over-the-scope clip), SEMS (self-expanding metal stent)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Role of stenting in gastrointestinal benign and malignant diseases.World J Gastrointest Endosc. 2015; 7: 460-480
- Gastrointestinal stents: thinking outside the box.Techn Innovat Gastrointest Endosc. 2020; 22: 239-244
- Treatment of esophageal leaks, fistulae, and perforations with temporary stents: evaluation of efficacy, adverse events, and factors associated with successful outcomes.Gastrointest Endosc. 2014; 79: 589-598
- Use of a fully covered self-expandable metal stent for the treatment of benign esophageal diseases.Gastrointest Endosc. 2010; 72: 712-720
- Endoscopic suturing for the prevention of stent migration in benign upper gastrointestinal conditions: a comparative multicenter study.Endoscopy. 2016; 48: 802-808
- The role of clips in preventing migration of fully covered metallic esophageal stents: a pilot comparative study.Surg Endosc. 2012; 26: 53-59
- Endoscopic suturing of esophageal fully covered self-expanding metal stents reduces rates of stent migration.Gastrointest Endosc. 2017; 86: 1015-1021
- Preventing migration of fully covered esophageal stents with an over-the-scope clip device (with videos).Gastrointest Endosc. 2014; 79: 844-851
- Feasibility of esophageal stent fixation with an over-the-scope-clip for malignant esophageal strictures to prevent migration.Endosc Int Open. 2017; 5: E1044-E1049
- A newly designed over-the-scope-clip device to prevent fully covered metal stents migration: a pilot study.Techn Innovat Gastrointest Endosc. 2020; 22: 167-171
- Sequential duodeno-biliary double metal stenting in Mutignani type I obstruction facilitated by stentfixOTSC(R) anchoring device.Ann Gastroenterol. 2021; 34: 286
- Upper gastrointestinal stent insertion in malignant and benign disorders.Clin Endosc. 2015; 48: 187-193
- Anchoring of self-expanding metal stents using the over-the-scope clip, and a technique for subsequent removal.Endoscopy. 2014; 46: 1106-1109
- Stent migration following endoscopic suture fixation of esophageal self-expandable metal stents: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Surg Endosc. 2018; 32: 675-681
- The esophageal propulsive force: esophageal response to acute obstruction.J Clin Invest. 1967; 46: 1391-1401
DISCLOSURE: The following authors disclosed financial relationships: K. H. Park: Consultant for Boston Scientific. K. Gupta: Current employee of Boston Scientific. S.K. Lo: Consultant for Olympus. All other authors disclosed no financial relationships.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION: We worked to ensure gender balance in the recruitment of human subjects. We worked to ensure ethnic or other types of diversity in the recruitment of human subjects. We worked to ensure that the language of the study questionnaires reflected inclusion. One or more of the authors of this paper self-identifies as an under-represented ethnic minority in science. While citing references scientifically relevant for this work, we actively worked to promote gender balance in our reference list.