Background and Aims
Abbreviations:AE (adverse event), BMI (body mass index), ESG (endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty), MBSAQIP (Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program), SG (sleeve gastrectomy)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Projected U.S. state-level prevalence of adult obesity and severe obesity.N Engl J Med. 2019; 381: 2440-2450
- Health effects of overweight and obesity in 195 countries over 25 years.N Engl J Med. 2017; 377: 13-27
- Bariatric and metabolic endoscopy: impact on obesity and related comorbidities.Therap Adv Gastrointest Endosc. 2021;
American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery. Estimate of bariatric surgery numbers, 2011-2019. Available at: https://asmbs.org/resources/estimate-of-bariatric-surgery-numbers. Accessed August 19, 2022.
- Predictors of surgical intervention for those seeking bariatric surgery.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2021; 17: 1558-1565
- Changes in utilization of bariatric surgery in the United States from 1993 to 2016.Ann Surg. 2020; 271: 201-209
- Overview of bariatric and metabolic endoscopy interventions.Ther Adv Gastrointest Endosc. 2020; 13
- Outcomes of endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty: How does it compare to laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy? A systematic review and meta-analysis.Endosc Int Open. 2020; 08
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty with comparison to laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy.Obes Surg. 2020; 30: 2754-2762
- Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty versus laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy: a case-matched study.Gastrointest Endosc. 2019; 89: 782-788
- endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty versus laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy: a meta-analysis.Am J Gastroenterol. 2019; : 114
- Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy versus endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Endosc Int Open. 2021; 9 ([published correction appears in Endosc Int Open 2021 Jan;9(1):C1]): E87-E95
- Inequity to the utilization of bariatric surgery: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Obes Surg. 2015; 25: 888-899
- Racial disparity in 30-day outcomes of metabolic and bariatric surgery.Obes Surg. 2020; 30: 1011-1020
- Racial disparities in perioperative outcomes after bariatric surgery.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2019; 15: 786-793
- MBSAQIP participant use data file (PUF). American College of Surgeons.(Available at:)Accessed August 19, 2022)
- 6-Month gastrointestinal quality of life (QOL) results after endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty and laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy: a propensity score analysis.Obes Surg. 2020; 30: 1944-1951
- Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty (ESG) for morbid obesity: How effective is it?.Surg Endosc. 2022; 36: 352-360
- Fifth International Consensus Conference: current status of sleeve gastrectomy.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2016; 12: 750-756
- Racial disparities in bariatric surgery complications and mortality using the MBSAQIP data registry.Obes Surg. 2020; 30: 3099-3110
- Racial disparities in perioperative outcomes after metabolic and bariatric surgery: a case-control matched study.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2020; 16: 1111-1123
DISCLOSURE: The following author disclosed financial relationships: V. M. Shami: Consultant for Olympus Medical and Cook Medical. All other authors disclosed no financial relationships.