Background and Aims
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Liver fibrosis, but no other histologic features, is associated with long-term outcomes of patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.Gastroenterology. 2015; 149: 389-397
- Prospective study of outcomes in adults with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.N Engl J Med. 2021; 385: 1559-1569
- Global epidemiology of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease—meta-analytic assessment of prevalence, incidence, and outcomes.Hepatology. 2016; 64: 73-84
- Liver biopsy.Hepatology. 2009; 49: 1017-1044
- Vibration-controlled transient elastography to assess fibrosis and steatosis in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2019; 17: 156-163
- The performance of vibration controlled transient elastography in a us cohort of patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.Am J Gastroenterol. 2016; 111: 677-684
- Liver stiffness measurement using XL probe in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.Am J Gastroenterol. 2012; 107: 1862-1871
- Endo-hepatology: a new paradigm.Endosc Ultrasound. 2018; 7: 219-222
Kohli DR, Baillie J. How endoscopes work. In: Chandrasekhara V, Elmunzer BJ, Khashab MA, et al, editors. Clinical gastrointestinal endoscopy, 3rd ed. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier, 2019. p. 24-31.
- Diagnostic performance of endoscopic ultrasonography-guided elastography for solid pancreatic lesions: shear-wave measurements versus strain elastography with histogram analysis.Dig Endosc. 2021; 33: 629-638
- Feasibility and usefulness of endoscopic ultrasonography-guided shear-wave measurement for assessment of autoimmune pancreatitis activity: a prospective exploratory study.J Med Ultrason. 2019; 46: 425-433
- A prospective blinded study of endoscopic ultrasound elastography in liver disease: towards a virtual biopsy.Clin Endosc. 2018; 51: 181-185
- Endoscopic ultrasound real-time elastography in liver disease.Clin Endosc. 2018; 51: 118-119
- BEST (Biomarkers, EndpointS, and other Tools) resource.(Available at:)http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK326791/Date accessed: February 24, 2022
- The FDA NIH Biomarkers, EndpointS, and other Tools (BEST) resource in neuro-oncology.Neuro Oncol. 2018; 20: 1162-1172
- ACG clinical guideline: evaluation of abnormal liver chemistries.Am J Gastroenterol. 2017; 112: 18-35
- A prospective, head-to-head comparison of 2 EUS-guided liver biopsy needles in vivo.Gastrointest Endosc. 2021; 93: 1133-1138
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) activity score and the histopathologic diagnosis in NAFLD: distinct clinicopathologic meanings.Hepatology. 2011; 53: 810-820
- Fibrosis-4 index vs nonalcoholic fatty liver disease fibrosis score in identifying advanced fibrosis in subjects with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease: a meta-analysis.Am J Gastroenterol. 2021; 116: 1833-1841
- Long-term outcomes in patients undergoing liver transplantation for nonalcoholic steatohepatitis-related cirrhosis.Transplantation. 2017; 101: 1867-1874
- Performance characteristics of vibration-controlled transient elastography for evaluation of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.Hepatology. 2018; 67: 134-144
- Comparing the areas under two or more correlated receiver operating characteristic curves: a nonparametric approach.Biometrics. 1988; 44: 837-845
- Diagnostic accuracy of laboratory tests and diagnostic imaging in detecting biliary strictures after liver transplantation.Dig Dis Sci. 2017; 62: 1327-1333
- Ultrasound elastography: review of techniques and clinical applications.Theranostics. 2017; 7: 1303-1329
- Direct comparison of US and MR elastography for staging liver fibrosis in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2022; 20: 908-917.e11
- Comparison of 2D shear wave elastography, transient elastography, and MR elastography for the diagnosis of fibrosis in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2020; 214: W20-W26
- Diagnostic accuracy of point shear wave elastography and transient elastography for staging hepatic fibrosis in patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: a meta-analysis.BMJ Open. 2018; 8e021787
- Endoscopic ultrasound-guided portal pressure gradient with liver biopsy: 6 years of endo-hepatology in practice.J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2022; 37: 1373-1379
- Endoscopic ultrasound-guided, percutaneous, and transjugular liver biopsy: a comparative systematic review and meta-analysis.Clin Endosc. 2020; 53: 583-593
- Cholecystectomy for biliary pancreatitis is often not performed during index hospitalization and is associated with worse outcomes.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2022; 20 (233-5.e1)
- Comparative safety of endoscopic vs radiological gastrostomy tube placement: outcomes from a large, nationwide Veterans Affairs database.Am J Gastroenterol. 2021; 116: 2367-2373
Abbreviations: AUROC, area under the receiver-operating characteristic curve; EUS-SWE, EUS-guided shear wave elastography; NAFLD, nonalcoholic fatty liver disease; NPV, negative predicted value; PPV, positive predictive value; VCTE, vibration-controlled transient elastography.
DISCLOSURE: The following author received research support for this study from Olympus Corporation of the Americas: D. R. Kohli. In addition, the following authors disclosed financial relationships: M. Desai: Research support from Intercept Pharma. M. S. Siddiqui: Advisory board for AMRA and DSMB Sagimet. P. Sharma: Consultant for Lumendi, Olympus, Boston Scientific, Bausch, Medtronic USA, and Fujifilm; research support from Olympus, Medtronic USA, Fujifilm, U.S. Endoscopy, Ironwood, Erbe, Docbot, Cosmo Pharmaceuticals, and CDx Labs; equipment loan from Medtronic Italy. All other authors disclosed no financial relationships.